APONOGETON ULVACEUS small
Aponogeton ulvaceus is a favorite among many aquarists. This bulb plant grows to a very impressive size, and very quickly with good care. It produces dozens of wavy leaves, all of which can easily surpass 12 inches in length. Aponogeton ulvaceus is very hardy and undemanding in care, so it is an excellent plant for beginners and experts alike. As it grows, it produces a bloom stalk that will eventually have a small white flower above the water line. This centerpiece plant is sure to be a focal point in any aquarium
As stated above, Aponogeton ulvaceus is a rather versatile plant that can thrive in almost any light conditions from low to high and does not require CO2 supplementation. It is not particular about water flow as long as extreme conditions are avoided. Like many Aponogeton bulb plants, it can go through resting/dormant periods where it sheds its leaves. The blooming period of this plant can be avoided by trimming back the bloom stalk before it flowers.
Out of stock
What We Like About This Plant:
- Very versatile regarding lighting
- Produces lovely white flowers
- Grows to impressive size
- Generally fast-growing and undemanding
- Provides shade to the pond or aquarium
- Temperature: 72° - 82° F (22° - 28° C)
- pH: 6.5 – 7.5
- Lighting: Low to High
- Origin: Indigenous to Madagascar, Sri Lanka, and Indo-China, but cultivated in US nurseries
- Aquarium placement: Middle and Background, but bulb should not be fully buried in substrate
- Care: Easy
This is the fastest growing plant I’ve ever had. When I would come home from work in the evening it had noticeably grown since the morning.
And it is gorgeous! It took over half of my 29 gallon tank, so you definitely want to put it in a larger tank.
High quality plants, as always, from Keith!