$5.10 – $11.00
FritzGuard® is a safe and effective pH-buffered water conditioner that neutralizes toxic chlorine, chloramines and heavy metals found in tap water. FritzGuard® promotes healing and reduces fish stress with aloe vera and vitamin E and provides necessary electrolytes. Naturally secreted by mucous glands, the slime coat is a natural defense system that protects fish from disease, aids in osmoregulation and reduces stress caused by sudden changes in the environment. FritzGuard® provides a replacement slime coat to aid fish that have lost theirs or have been injured due to stress, poor water conditions and handling. FritzGuard® enhances biofiltration by producing a slime coat over the filter media, aiding in the attachment of beneficial bacteria, like those in FritzZyme® biological products.
Directions & Dosage
Use 1 tsp (5 ml) per 10 U.S. gallons (38 L). For areas with very high chlorine levels, dosage can be safely increased or repeated up to 5x.
- For best results, add FritzGuard to tap water in a separate container before adding water to aquarium.
- For marine aquariums, turn off protein skimmer for 6 hours after adding FritzGuard to reduce foaming.
- No other equipment restrictions necessary
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Easy measuring: the 4 oz, 8 oz and 16 oz bottle caps are approximately 5 mL volume
- Overdosed? It’s safe to increase dosage up to five times. Observe livestock for distress, perform small water changes if needed
- Test with a chlorine test kit