Ludwigia Sp. Red (Repens) Bunch
Mini Super Red Ludwigia (Ludwigia sp. “Super Red Mini”) is a very popular and very striking red plant for the serious freshwater planted aquarium. With proper care, this hardy, fast-growing plant can flourish and highlight the middle or background of the aquascape with intense red coloration. It can thrive with only moderate lighting, but it has the potential for complete red coloration with higher lighting and proper supplementation.
This variety of Mini Super Red Ludwigia requires moderate to high lighting. Its trimmings can be replanted. It does not require substrate but does seem to absorb some of its nutrients through its side roots and it can be attached to driftwood and other surfaces. It does not require CO2 supplementation, but CO2 supplementation will contribute to more optimal growth and health. High lighting is necessary for this plant to maintain its optimal ultra red coloration.
8 in stock
- Temperature: 64° - 82° F (18° - 28° C)
- pH: 5.0 – 7.0
- Lighting: Medium to High. Higher lighting will help maintain red coloration.
- Potential Height: 6 inches (15 cm), sometimes taller.
- Origin: Cultivated in nurseries, but indigenous to Southeast Asia
- Aquarium Placement: Middle to Background
- Care: Easy
- Growth Rate: Fast